Keith Fenwick is one of the UK's leading teachers of landscape painting. He enjoys a tremendous following among leisure painters who flock to his seminars and workshops at major fine art and craft shows. His 13 books have become best sellers and his 40 plus teaching videos/DVDs have benefited students worldwide.
Keith was born in the rural town of Spennymoor in the north-east of England. Like most boys of his generation he worked on the local farms during school holidays providing him with an insight into the wonders of nature in all its variety throughout the seasons.
His early ambition was to train as a draughtsman resulting in a five year indentured apprenticeship, eventually becoming chief draughtsman before progressing to senior management.
Keith is a Chartered Engineer, a fellow of the Royal Society of Arts, an Advisory Panel member of the Society for All Artists and holds several professional qualifications including an Hons Degree.
Having spent many years in management in both industry and further education, he took early retirement from his position as Associate Principal/Director of Sites and Publicity at one of the UK's largest Colleges of Further Education in order to devote more time to his great love, landscape painting.
Keith's paintings are in collections in the UK and other European countries as well as in the USA, Canada, New Zealand, Australia, Japan and the Middle East.
He runs painting holidays in the UK and Europe, seminars and workshops nationwide and demonstrates to up to fifty art societies each year. Keith can be seen demonstrating painting techniques at most major fine art and craft shows
in the UK.
Keith has appeared on BBC and Cable Television, presented Granada TV's Art School and his
series on Sky TV - 'The Art Doctor' proved to be very popular with budding artists of all ages.
His expertise in landscape painting,
his writing, teaching, video -making and broadcasting ensure an understanding of student needs.
He finds great satisfaction in encouraging those who have always wanted to paint but lack confidence
to try, as well as helping more experienced painters to develop their skills further. Keith regularly appears on the Painting and Drawing Channel on Sky TV.
Keith paints in watercolour, acrylics, oils and watersolubles but most of his time is spent using
watercolours and acrylics. He has an approach to painting that is refreshingly different. As a
natural and trained teacher he explains his methods in a down to earth, humorous manner, both in
studio and outdoors in the field. He considers himself fortunate to spend his life doing what he
enjoys, painting the wonders of nature.
LANDSCAPE PAINTING EXPERIENCE
- Seen presenting Landscape Painting programmes on TV over 1,000 times
- Made over 40 teaching videos/DVD's
- 13 How to Paint art books published - translated into French, Italian, Spanish, and Russian
- Over 200 painting holidays tutored throughout the UK plus Tuscany, Spain, Malta, Sardinia, Venice
- Demonstrated product usage at major UK shows for Winsor & Newton and Liquitex - 20 years
- Demonstrated for Raphael brushes, Hahnemuhle paper, Schminke paints, DaVinci brushes, Maimeri paints, Caran d' Ache watersolubles - Demonstrations and Workshops at the shows.
- Seen painting at over 170 art shows throughout the UK
- Demonstrated to over 250 art societies and art stores
- Developed own product range - see website : specialist brushes, paint selection, Professional palette.'Wonder Knife, Tree & Foliage brushes, watercolour pad.